POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural? : Re: **** McDonalds (was Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural?) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: **** McDonalds (was Re: Comfort level with wailing babies: is it cultural?)
From: scott
Date: 12 Dec 2007 03:37:21
Message: <475f9dc1$1@news.povray.org>
> Time is also a factor to consider.

I think this is the key point, also laziness.  Why spend all the effort
shopping and making stuff, when for a couple of $ more you can get it all
done for you?  I suspect for most people the extra expense for a ready-made
burger is less than what they could earn in the time it takes to buy
ingredients and prepare.

Buying in bulk and doing it yourself is all very well, but unless you plan
to eat burgers every night your ingredients are going to go bad pretty soon,
then the cost benefit is wiped out.  Don't forget you have all the other
stuff in the burger, like salad, sauces, cheese etc.